Saturday, October 11, 2008

I've been gone a long time...


For the last 4 years, my life has been spent mostly on the road. I live in the back seat of a Chevrolet 3500 express van. I live in hotels across the country. I live in hostels in Europe, sometimes a bus. All my life I've lived all over the world since I was a military brat so I'm used to it. It's been a long time since I've had anywhere to call my "home".

I arrived at my house in Allston at around midnight on September 18th about 3 weeks ago. I will not be leaving Boston for an extended period of time until the end of January. I'm pretty sure this is the longest break I have ever had while being in Death Before Dishonor. For 2008, we've been going nonstop pretty much since the beginning. We did the east coast with Sick of it All, Madball and Wisdom in Chains. Shortly after that we played shows on our way out to the west coast. We were in Mexico for a little while. The band went to Australia without me because I like to get weird diseases at the worst times. Right after that we went to Europe for 2 months with Ignite and Burn the 8 Track. We were home for maybe 2 weeks and went right back to Europe to play some of the biggest festivals overseas. We got home from that and were home for a day and a half and immediately drove to the midwest to meet up with Terror, The Warriors, CDC and Trapped Under Ice for another 2 month tour.

Since I've been home I took a week off to just relax at home and have some time to myself. I spent the next 2 weeks looking for a job. After replying to countless Craig's List postings I found myself having an interview at the Newbury Comics Warehouse and at a Valet company. After playing phonetag with Newbury I decided to go with the Valet. I have my first training session on Tuesday. As it gets closer and closer I feel like ditching it but I just can't.

Usually after about 2-3 weeks of being at home, I'm itchin' to get back out on the road. Not this time. While I love being out, it's good to just be able to relax. Now that I'm home though, there's a little thing called responsibility that keeps haunting me that is never around when I'm on tour. It's been about 2 years since I've had an actual job. The last job I had, I worked for this place I had always worked at on and off making pizzas.

I don't really know the point of this post but I was really bored and hadn't updated in a long time. I was also reminded of it because Billy Madison was on Encore today and I watched it and if you don't realize where my blog name comes from, well then I don't know what to say.

No comments: